stability track

siddiqui95833

stability track

Unread post by siddiqui95833 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:23 pm

I have 2007 Chevy Equinox. Car has 23000 milage on it. during driving I have a nessage for " service traction control " and " Service stability track" Also engine light is on. I was unable to drive the car in D driving mode, I have no option to drive in lower gear. I disconnect the battery . Now Traction sighn is gone. I drove with D gear for 10 miles and again message (" service traction control " and " Service stability track") is on with the engine light. Please help......

Bob

Re: stability track

Unread post by Bob » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:30 pm

You need to get the powertrain computer scanned for codes first. Some engine codes will disable the taction and stabliltak system.
If the engine codes are not the culpret for the other lights, then there may be a problem with a sensor for the traction or ABS.

Kenny

Re: stability track

Unread post by Kenny » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 pm

That's exactly right. Many codes that will turn on the check engine light will also disable the traction or Stabilitrak system. Scanning the computer codes is the first step. Many of the large national part store chains will do this for free. They can only scan the powertrain computer (PCM) but most of them cannot scan the ABS computer. So if you get a scan just come back and tell us what the code number is and we will be a will to tell you if this will also disable ABS and stability control. The guy doing the free scan might not be able to tell you that. They just use generic tools to get the code number and a short description of what the code means. They really don't go into too much detail about what the code means, although they will sure try and sell you a part that is related to that code. LOL.