95 blazer no tcc lock up

carriedi

95 blazer no tcc lock up

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:58 pm

I have a 95 blazer 4.3l vin code W. My TCC does not come on. I can turn it on with a scanner buty it never comes on by itself. Since I can turn it on by commanding on with the scanner wiring should be good. Trans temp runs about 175F and TPS works normally when I look at the TPS on the scanner in engine controls. Tried a rebuilt vcm (located over coolant bottle on passenger side engine compartment) Had it flashed at dealer. No help. What am I missing here? Scanner always shows TCC forced off. any ideas or has anyone had similar problems like this?

Thank for any help you can give me.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

TerryAuto

Re: 95 blazer no tcc lock up

Unread post by TerryAuto » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Any trouble codes?
About the only other thing that can prevent TCC is a brake switch applied signal.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:55 am

no codes. Had a c1286 in ABS, (bulb was out) fixed that and cleared code. no other codes in any modules. brake switch appears to work normally. Cruise control turns on and off. Purple wire

TerryAuto

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:28 am

Hmm. Very strange. Since you can control it with scanner, then the VCM and everything past it is good. Something is inhibiting TCC. Vss signal, A/C clutch engage signal, 4wd H/L signal.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:48 pm

as it turned out the pwm solenoid amp draw was very low. changed the solenoid and now it is working normally. I don't know why the computer didn't set a code. or why I could command the computer to turn on the solenoid and it would work. But it's all working now.