2001 Chevy Blazer: Won't Start

ron36535

1995 Chevy S-10 Blazer Idles Rough

Unread post by ron36535 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:06 pm

my blazer runs great going down the road. at idle it can get rough, and go dead at times. could this be just a carbon issue ??

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: 95 S10 Blazer

Unread post by butchkaz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Yes, this can be a throttle carbon problem. It is the cause of many idle and starting concerns. If no check engine light, then i would clean the carbon first.
Click this link for a video on How to Clean Carbon from throttle.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

btrflygodess77

2001 Chevy Blazer: Won't Start

Unread post by btrflygodess77 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:43 pm

My truck won't start. Sounds like it wants to, it just won't turn over. My husband just replaced the alternator, the battery and starter are fine, and I just filled up the gas tank yesterday. It got left outside the garage overnight last night and now it won't turn over. A friend said that it might be the an electrical problem in the fuel injectors, but we don't know how to begin to diagnose that and make sure that's the problem. I need to know: What are the possibilities for the problem? How do we diagnose the problem? Does it sound like something we can fix ourselves?

43Phelp

Re: 2001 Chevy Blazer: Won't Start

Unread post by 43Phelp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:24 pm

You say the truck won't start but it sounds it wants to it just won't turn over. If the engine is not cranking then you'll need to test the purple wire at the starter while you are turning the ignition. That purple wire should get hot when trying to crank the engine. Somebody said it might be fuel injectors, so do you mean the engine is cranking but just won't start. If that is the case then you would need to test for proper fuel pressure. Bad fuel pumps are pretty common on this truck. One way to test this is have someone crank the engine while someone else bangs on the bottom center of the fuel tank under the truck. This will sometimes free up a sticking pump. It may run and then die out or it may keep running but at least you know the fuel pump is bad. Remember, and engine that won't turnover means you turn the key and nothing happens, it doesn't crank or do anything. If this is the case then you will need to test that starter as stated above. If no power there you might have a neutral safety switch bad or a faulty ignition switch.