SERVICE STABILITRAK,SERVICE TRAC. CONTL,ENGINE POWER REDUCED

spearus

SERVICE STABILITRAK,SERVICE TRAC. CONTL,ENGINE POWER REDUCED

Unread post by spearus » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:03 am

I would love some help on this one. i have a 2007 avalanche the 5.3 i believe

These three messages popped up.
Service stabilitrak,service traction control,engine power reduced.

It happened once about 2 months ago, pulled over turned her off and on and it went away.
i have changed my battery plugs and wires(because they were due) about 2 weeks ago.
Yesterday it happened again in the morning and then again on the way home. The only thing i noticed was i had the cruise on at about (110km) on the highway, and it seemed to have trouble maintaining the speed. the tachometer was dancing slightly, not alot but noticable.

going in today to get the codes checked to see what it could be unless someone has and idea already
i have seen this issue posted many time on the internet for the avalanche and tahoe.

thanks

carriedi

Re: SERVICE STABILITRAK,SERVICE TRAC. CONTL,ENGINE POWER RED

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:59 am

have to wait for the codes but drive by wire problems are common as are misfires. wait for the codes.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Mrblaster

2007 Chevrolet avalanche 5.3 L V8 Truck Transmission

Unread post by Mrblaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:25 pm

As I pulled out on the highway of that pop in my transmission. I drive a 2007 Chevrolet avalanche 5.3 L V8. Truck seems to be stuck in neutral when placed in "Drive" nothing happens. I can cycle through first second and third gear manually and reverse works but in "D" Nothing happens.

carriedi

Re: 2007 Chevrolet avalanche 5.3 L V8 Truck Transmission

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:40 pm

you should take your truck to a transmission shop. you may have a bad forward sprag assembly. there is a tsb from GM: 08-07-30-027, issued June 04, 2008. 1st 2nd and reverse work but drive or overdrive won't work.

basically they will usually be recommended that you rebuild your tranny.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.