what could be keeping the starter hot

beamon

what could be keeping the starter hot

Unread post by beamon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:42 pm

So my starter was bad replaced that and now something is keeping the stater hot maybe something in the computer any ideas i need help please

carriedi

Re: what could be keeping the starter hot

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 pm

there is nothing in the computer that will heat up your starter. How hot does it get and what made you think to check it for heat?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

beamon

Unread post by beamon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:16 am

Well u can read my other post about my alternatetor and my battery but because just replace it and it had the same smell as my old one the old one burned a hole through it and so I shut off the car and felt it and it was hot and now my van won't start something is not keeping my battery charged only thing I found so far that was bad was the starter please help

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:05 am

if you have been driving around your starter will feel hot to the touch because it is under the exhaust manifold. to be too hot you would need to measure the temperature. Please tell me what your car is doing instead of what causes things to happen.

what was the problem with your astro van in the beginning? Engine wouldn't crank over? then, what have you done? then, what is happening now. Is the battery going dead? If it won't crank over, will jumping the battery make it so it can turn over?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.