2007 Pontiac Torrent / Service Stabilitrak / Engine Reduced

jochwat

2007 Pontiac Torrent / Service Stabilitrak / Engine Reduced

Unread post by jochwat » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:45 am

Over the past month or so my 2007 Torrent would turn off my Stabilitrak, turn on the Service Stabilitrak light, and sometimes the Check Engine light. These would eventually go off over a couple of drive cycles. Last night while I hit the gas to pass another vehicle, both lights came on, and then I got the message "Engine Power is Reduced", and was then unable to go faster than about 35-40 mph. I drove this way to my destination (about 10 miles), and a few hours later started it up and it was back to normal. The engine light was still on, so in the morning I had a local oil change place throw their little diag checker on, and got the codes 1516 and 2101. They didn't have the means to decipher these until their regular mechanic showed up later on and I couldn't wait for him. Any ideas? Thanks!

carriedi

Re: 2007 Pontiac Torrent / Service Stabilitrak / Engine Redu

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:42 am

both of those codes are for the throttle actuator position performance. somewhere the signal from the throttle didn't agree with what the computer expected. Because the computer cannot make sure where the throttle is is makes sure that you don't have a runaway problem by reducing the throttle responses. you're going to need to have your electronic throttle body looked at.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

jochwat

Re: 2007 Pontiac Torrent / Service Stabilitrak / Engine Redu

Unread post by jochwat » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks carriedi, for the fast response. I'll check into it!