2004 Montana Locks gone haywire!

stoypet

2004 Montana Locks gone haywire!

Unread post by stoypet » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:16 pm

I have a 2003 Montana. The locks seem to have a mind of their own. When I use the switches on the doors, or the key fob (either one) all the doors will LOCK, but when I press the UNLOCK button (on anything, numerous times) only the drivers side door will unlock. The passenger door, sliding doors and tailgate all stay locked. Obviously this is a huge pain. I've taken the passenger side kick plate off and checked the white wires, they were corroded and I fixed them. Still with no luck.

This has been happening since I bought the van a year ago. Once I found this out, I disabled the automatic locking when you put the van in gear. So now I just leave it unlocked all the time, just easier that way. Once and awhile, I'll go to start the van and the instant is starts all the doors will lock. This only happens ever so often. Can't explain why it does that....ha ha

All the power windows work fine (front doors and rear vents).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

carriedi

Re: 2004 Montana Locks gone haywire!

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:20 pm

you might want to have the body control module scanned. the door lock actuators are controlled by the BCM. The drivers door uses a gray wire and a tan wire. All the other locks use a gray wire (same gray as the drivers door) and a tan wire (but not the same tan wire that the drivers door uses)

when you lock the doors power goes in one direction. when you unlock the doors the power goes in the other direction. Unplug the passengers door lock actuator and see if you are getting a ground and power signal in both lock and unlock. You could put a light bulb (12 volt) jumpered between the two contacts from the connector and just see if the light comes on both in lock and unlock. If the bulb lights up in both directions then the BCM is probably okay. (It sounds like the tan wire for the passenger door lock circuit might not be working.

let me know what you find out
Attachments
doorlock actuator wiring.jpg
doorlock actuator wiring.jpg (222.99 KiB) Viewed 5588 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.