daylight sensor not functioning

d bonn

Pontiac Montana hesitation and govenor sensor

Unread post by d bonn » Mon May 24, 2010 2:30 pm

I love my van It runs very well in the city, with a slight hesitaion on take off but the problem comes on the interstate
it will run fine for 20 or 30 minutes then it loses power.It is slipping as if it is governed not to go over 55. You push the gas and the tranny does nothing as if it was in nutral. I have put on two fuel pumps, spark plugs, wires, air filter, cleaned th nasty dirty throttle body 3 times. Any ideas, please? thank you

BillGMTech

Re: govenor senser?

Unread post by BillGMTech » Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm

If the engine is racing but the trans. is not moving- or the van is not gaining speed, then this is a trans problem. Possible valve body problem.
If the engine just has no power, then you may have a plugged catalytic converter.

woodman

daylight sensor not functioning

Unread post by woodman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Gave a person a jump start and now my hieadl;ights and dash lights won't come on automatically at night. I can still manuallyturn the headlights on but the dashlights that indicate speed, temp, RPM, etc do not come on. Could it be the daylignt sensor gone and if so how do I replace??

Stan667

Re: daylight sensor not functioning

Unread post by Stan667 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm

If you mean that the backlighting forthe gauges does not work so you cant see them, you may have just a blown fuse or the dimmer switch in the dash has burned out. If a headlight problem also, then sounds like daytime running lights do n ot work. Again, check all fuses, and possibly a daytime running lights relay or resistor or headlight switch got burned up.

dewars81

2005 montana with front end damage

Unread post by dewars81 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:55 pm

I have a 2005 Montana with front end damage: hood, passenger fender and headlight assembly. Question is would the body of a 2000 chevy venture match up with it. they look very similar in photos but looks aren't everything. I've got access to a venture but can't get over there to check it out.

carriedi

Re: 2005 montana with front end damage

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:10 am

they might be the same. you should check with a junk yard they have interchange books that will tell you what parts are interchangeable
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.