PassKey III problems-car wont start

mrkris82

Re: PassKey III problems-car wont start

Unread post by mrkris82 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:55 am

Sorry for the premature post...

My buddy just installed an iSimple and hardwired a radar detector into my wife's 2006 Pontiac G6 GT. In order to do this, he had to disconnect the radio's power. We buttoned everything back up and the car went NUTS when we turned the ignition; needless to say, it won't start either.

Some reading leads me to believe the PassKey III Anti Theft system is kicking in. This system shuts off power to almost everything, but th emain problem is it shuts off the fuel pump. The lights on the dashboard randomly blink until the key is taken out of the ignition.

Nothing in the manual has helped me, but I am told there is a way to get a code or bypass this security system...maybe a way to reset it or something? We disconnected and reconnected the battery-no luck. Does anyone have an idea what I can do or try? It sounds like the chip in the radio and the chip in the master key are suppose to match (and they do) but disconnecting power from the radio may have caused one of them to lose its PassKey (or code) and now I am hosed!

I know had I taken it to a professional installer, they would have been able to do everything ok, but I really need to know what they would have done to ensure this doesnt happen. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Meccboy

Re: PassKey III problems-car wont start

Unread post by Meccboy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:55 pm

This does not actaully sound like a theft / security problem.
The theft would not be activated with a simple battery disconnect or anything.
With the lights doing what they are doing, wont start, etc.
Sounds like may have spliced into a wrong wire. There is an elelctical problem going on.
May have tapped into a Body Control Module circuit, communication circuit, 5 volt feed, etc.