SES light- 2007 Pontiac G6 Blinks

race71

SES light- 2007 Pontiac G6 Blinks

Unread post by race71 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:42 am

I have a 2007 G6 and in the morning when I first drive my car, the SES light blinks for 10 seconds while the tranny seems to not be able to decide if/when it wants to shift. Most of the time, the traction control light also comes on and the radio display says "service traction". I've had it to a dealership 4 times now...they've reset and updated the computer, replaced a fuel injector/spark plug/plug wire, and did something else with the PCM I believe (I didn't pick it up that time, so I don't know what was said for sure.). Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm about ready to kick this thing to the curb!

Meccboy

Re: SES light

Unread post by Meccboy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:31 pm

A flashing check engine light means the engine is msfiring.
This will also cause the traction system to be disabled. Hard to say what would be causing a misfire in the morning. Could have a leaking head gasket that is fouling out a spark plug. Valve seals causing oil to get into one or more of the cylinders, leaking fuel injector fouling out a plug, etc. If you could tell us the codes that were scanned from the computer, this may help us. The code in the computer should be listed on the work order reciept you got when you picked up the car.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: SES light- 2007 Pontiac G6 Blinks

Unread post by butchkaz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:15 pm

race71 wrote:I have a 2007 G6 and in the morning when I first drive my car, the SES light blinks for 10 seconds while the tranny seems to not be able to decide if/when it wants to shift. Most of the time, the traction control light also comes on and the radio display says "service traction". I've had it to a dealership 4 times now...they've reset and updated the computer, replaced a fuel injector/spark plug/plug wire, and did something else with the PCM I believe (I didn't pick it up that time, so I don't know what was said for sure.). Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm about ready to kick this thing to the curb!
If it only happens for the first few seconds, then this does sound like a leaking fuel injector. This will cause a very rich condition inside the engine and cause the misfire. Revving the engine a few times shoudl clear it out and make it run better.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.