06 Equinox - Window Rattles at 70 MPH

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
Dana D.

2005 Equinox - 3 warning lights and no power..?

Unread post by Dana D. » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 pm

On 3 occasions, when starting my 2005 Equinox, 3 Engine Lights will display. The "regular" Check Engine light (outline of engine), another outline of the engine with a line or arrow through it, and finally the "Traction Control" light. The truck has virtually no power, but will slowly speed up to normal traffic speed if given enough space and time. I can floor the accelerator and still not have the RPM's exceed 1,200 RPM. If I need to step on the brakes to turn a corner or stop at a light, in most cases the engine will stall. I can shift to neutral and restart the engine. The A/C seems to be non-functioning at the same time.

I brought it to my local dealer and they had it for 2 days and couldn't figure out what the issue was. They "THINK" it might have something to do with the Gas Pedal. They sent me on my way asking me to bring it back the next time I have the problem……..

Freddy1

2005 Equinox - 3 warning lights and no power

Unread post by Freddy1 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Yes, this does sound ligje a problem in either the accelerator pedal or the electronic throttle control on the engine. The computer codes that were scanned are the key to where to problem lies.

Anne

Fans running all the time

Unread post by Anne » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi I just aquired a 2001 chevy camaro for my son and I got this car through auction I know I have to beware of others problems but it runs great. Well it just started yesterday. The fans run consistantly after a second or two when I start the car and keep running untill the car is turned off.
1. A/C is off
2. I unplugged the sensor fans still run
3. Put the ignition key in the start position fans do not turn on and dash lights come on
4. I did notice the Service engine soon light is on.
5. Car temperature is normal
6. A mechanic plugged in a device reader but said only problem he saw is it has a coolant leakage. Which at one point when my son excelerated to leave a bunch of water came out of the back pipes i think thats where we saw the splash. Im just a girl please explain in lamon terms lol

MeccBoy

Camaro Fans running all the time

Unread post by MeccBoy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 pm

If the check engine light is on, there must be codes stored in the computer. Codes are designated with a number, such as- P0300, P1221, P0013, P0128, as examples. There are several codes that when in the computer, will cause the fans to run all the time. If you can post those codes, we can be of some help.

CarlosGarrison

Should I need change of my car battery?

Unread post by CarlosGarrison » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:59 pm

I had brought a old Equinox car last year. Yesterday it shows a problem in battery because their head lights is not lighting. When I take my car at Tiremania Auto repair shop which is our local auto repair shop, their repairer says that the battery is completely damaged. So here it is better for me to replace a new one. So asked you that should I need change of my car battery?

carriedi

Re: Should I need change of my car battery?

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:05 pm

I don't know what kind of test they did on your battery. but if they checked out your battery and said it was no good, then you should get a new one. Did they also check out your charging system? and your starting system?

Here's my question for you. when you noticed that your headlights were not working, were you able to start and drive your car to the repair shop? If you can start and drive your car to the repair shop and your headlights don't work, then your battery is not the reason your headlights won't work. It takes a lot less energy to turn on your headlights than it does to start your car. look at fuses, relays and switches before going to the battery if you can start your engine.

CarlosGarrison

Unread post by CarlosGarrison » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:46 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. As you ask you some questions to me so my answers are given below.
Did they also check out your charging system?
Yes they did. And after test they found charging process was working correctly but battery was not charged.
Did they also check out your starting system?
Yes. Because If they didn't then they don't tell me certainly to replace that battery.
were you able to start and drive your car to the repair shop?
Here I want to inform you that I don't mention that I was drive that car. I take my to the repair shop by a twing van.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:35 am

sorry, i don't understand everything yet.

does your car start up and drive ok?

Do you headlights work now?

CarlosGarrison

Unread post by CarlosGarrison » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:04 am

Thank you for your response and as your question about headlights, sorry yet I do not know status about my car but already I told to Tiremania to use a new battery. And also they told me that my car will be ready within two days.

boshelp

wire diagram

Unread post by boshelp » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:12 pm

why cant I find a wire diagram for a2009 chevy impala anywhere online? I don't have time to go and buy one of the Haynes or Chilton books. any help would be great.

carriedi

Re: wire diagram

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:37 am

there many, many wiring diagrams for your car. what circuit are you looking for?

boshelp

Re: wire diagram

Unread post by boshelp » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:34 pm

emissions 1 for the evap purge and o2 sensors