94 CAMERO V6 TEMP GUAGE NOT READING RIGHT. HELP

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
rbrewer53

91 camaro 305 engine

Unread post by rbrewer53 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Cranks up but wont idle. If you hold gas down it will stay running but immediantly shuts off when you let off the gas. Can you help me? It is a throttle body engine.

carriedi

Re: 91 camaro 305 engine

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:18 pm

if you hold the pedal down to keep it running what is the rpm you need to keep it running? have you scanned it to see what the idle control is at? Have you looked down the throttle body to see if the throttle plate is dirty? Air filter is clean and air is getting through ok? Fuel pressure is normal...
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

roshad1623

94 CAMERO V6 TEMP GUAGE NOT READING RIGHT. HELP

Unread post by roshad1623 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:18 pm

TEMP GUAGE READS WAY PAST THE HOT MARK ON GUAGE BUT ENGINE IS BARELY HOT. cHECKED ALL FUSES AND RELAYS- GOOD.. ALSO CHECKED RADIATOR CAP AND HOSES - GOOD . HELP. DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT FIXING CARS LEARNING AND TEACHING MYSELF AS I GO. WHATS MY NEXT STEP(S) FOR FIXING GUAGES NEXT .

carriedi

Re: 94 CAMERO V6 TEMP GUAGE NOT READING RIGHT. HELP

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:57 am

I would check the resistance of your coolant temp sender. mounted on the head between cylinders 1 and 3. A single green wire plug-in connector. If the gauge reads 260 degrees F the resistance through the coolant sender should be 55 ohms. if it reads close to this number but the engine is not that hot replace the sender and see if that corrects the gauge reading. If it doesn't then you may have a bad gauge.

PsychosWoman25

1996 camaro V6

Unread post by PsychosWoman25 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:05 pm

my camaro had a busted a break line we replaced it. but the abs light is still on and we tried to beed the breaks but the break fluid wont come out the back but a drop. The breaks when driving keep going out. We have a computer to reset the abs code will that help the valve to open like it is suppose to?

carriedi

Re: 1996 camaro V6

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:30 pm

you would need to clear the codes and then attempt to bleed the brakes manually.

a shop would use the tech2 scanner and place the front and rear displacement cylinders in upper position (motor rehome) and then bleed the brakes.

camaro

2010 camaro fan blower problems

Unread post by camaro » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am

i was wondering if you could help with a problem the dealer 2 separate ones havent been able to figure out. i have an intermittent ac/heater blower issue, sometimes they both work and sometimes neither works and it wont work on any speed or either setting. some days i start the car and both will work with zero issue it blows ice cold a/c and very hot with the heat at all speed settings. i have tried by switching it between speeds and temp setting while driving to no avail. other days i start the car both work just fine .2 separate chevy dealers and 8 hrs of labor and no idea whats wrong. maybe someone has experienced this problem and i can fix it or have it fixed if it is major

carriedi

Re: 2010 camaro

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:01 pm

the problem with finding a fix for your vehicle is the tech has to have the condition to be present in order to see what is actually happening. Some where you are losing signal from the HVAC control module, blower motor control module or power and ground to one of the components in the system.

Have a scanner check for codes in the system. There may be a code that can help narrow down where to look