2005 Equinox - 3 warning lights and no power..?

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
Dana D.

2005 Equinox - 3 warning lights and no power..?

Unread post by Dana D. » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 pm

On 3 occasions, when starting my 2005 Equinox, 3 Engine Lights will display. The "regular" Check Engine light (outline of engine), another outline of the engine with a line or arrow through it, and finally the "Traction Control" light. The truck has virtually no power, but will slowly speed up to normal traffic speed if given enough space and time. I can floor the accelerator and still not have the RPM's exceed 1,200 RPM. If I need to step on the brakes to turn a corner or stop at a light, in most cases the engine will stall. I can shift to neutral and restart the engine. The A/C seems to be non-functioning at the same time.

I brought it to my local dealer and they had it for 2 days and couldn't figure out what the issue was. They "THINK" it might have something to do with the Gas Pedal. They sent me on my way asking me to bring it back the next time I have the problem……..

Freddy1

2005 Equinox - 3 warning lights and no power

Unread post by Freddy1 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Yes, this does sound ligje a problem in either the accelerator pedal or the electronic throttle control on the engine. The computer codes that were scanned are the key to where to problem lies.