Chevy Impala 2002 Injectors not firing

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
Chad

Chevy Impala 2002 Injectors not firing

Unread post by Chad » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm

I swapped out an engine on a 02 impala the 3400, I have fire at the plugs and 55lb's of fuel pressure at the rail. Changed out the cam shaft sensor but my injectors are still not firing, the plugs are dry, the engine will try to run on starting fluid. Do you have any suggestions?

TerryAuto

Re: Chevy Impala 2002 Injectors not firing

Unread post by TerryAuto » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm

A few things you need to check.
First check all the fuses.
Is the theft/security light on or blinking after you release the key? The theft will disable the injectors.
Check for power at one of the injectors while cranking. I believed it is a pink wire that is hot all the time. The odd colored wires is the ground for each injector. The PCM controls the ground.

Chad

Unread post by Chad » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:55 pm

OK I have checked all the fuses and they are good, also the security light is flashing. I have tried resetting the the pass lock system following the manufacture recommendations. It seems that the car will not go into the relearn mode when I let off the key. After I try to start the car and release the key the security light want flash then only when it is in the acc position then somtimes continues and I have tried the long procedure with not luck of the light flashing until I turn the switch off and then back on?

Karl

Unread post by Karl » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Can you confirm this is the procedure you tried to do...
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the
Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Read some SIMILAR questions down below for more help.
Check out our Photo Gallery