What sensor is this on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt?

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
NotGod

What sensor is this on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt?

Unread post by NotGod » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:39 pm

I have an 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt with the 2.2L VIN F that I just did an engine swap on it but have one sensor connector with a brown and yellow wires that I cannot find anywhere it plugs into.

It is in front of the motor right by the intake manifold dipstick area. The car will now not start, so I am hoping that this is the reason. It cranks over just fine. The reason i replaced the engine was because it had that misfire at idle and i found a cheap replacement insted of putting on a new cylinder head.
Attachments
2.2L engine sensor connector.jpg
Where does this 2.2L sensor connector go?
2.2L engine sensor connector.jpg (35.28 KiB) Viewed 3304 times

ProTech

Re: What sensor is this on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt?

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Your best bet is to look at the old engine and find the missing sensor. It really doesn't look like a connector that is used near the front of the engine, it looks more like a vehicle speed sensor connector or coolant temp sensor connector, but that's on the back of the engine. You could have possibly installed a different year/make engine that doesn't have the same sensors.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

NotGod

Re: What sensor is this on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt?

Unread post by NotGod » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 pm

Hey. Thanks. I think i found it. I was wrong, the color or the one wire is purple not brown. I found searching the web that this may be the crank position sensor connector. That would explain the car not starting, right? I am going to check that when i get home tonight.