05 Classic Keyless Receiver, where is it?

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
jzcool

05 Classic Keyless Receiver, where is it?

Unread post by jzcool » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:12 pm

The keyless received in my 2005 Chevrolet Classic went out, so I have since the purchased a new OEM keyless receiver part. I am going to be replacing it myself. Where is the receiver located?

TerryAuto

Re: 05 Classic Keyless Receiver, where is it?

Unread post by TerryAuto » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:20 am

That module can be located either under the opassenger side of the dash, or under the rear package shelf- that is where the rear speakers are. Be sure you have the right on, because depending on your VIN #, the keyless entry function could be internal to the body control module (bcm).
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

krb911

2004 Chevrolet Impala stereo

Unread post by krb911 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:04 pm

The radio stopped working, it still lit up and you could do everything but there is NO sound at all. Checked all fuses and then bought a brand new Pioneer radio, still has the same issues. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

ProTech

Re: 2004 Chevrolet Impala stereo

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:59 pm

You probably have a faulty factory amplifier. The amp is located in the trunk area, up under where the rear speakers mount. This is usually the cause of a 'no audio' problem on the radio's.

If it is bad, you'd have to either get a new on at your local GM dealership or try to bypass it. If you want to bypass it, you'd really want a schematic so you can do the wiring accordingly.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

krb911

Unread post by krb911 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Can you tell me how to go about getting the schematic? And thank you very much!

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 am

You would have to get a repair manual or possibly go to your local dealership and have them print one out for you. It's up to the dealer's discretion whether to give you any GM copyrighted material, so they may not do it.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

MikeSniderhan

Unread post by MikeSniderhan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:08 am

I own 2 of these cars, the problem is a connection right under the back of the passenger seat, orange wire turns into 2 wires, leads to amp. if the windshield has ever leaked the water gets trapped under the carpet and corrodes the wires at this connection, you have to pull up the carpet from passenger side, peel back some black tape on the loom and find the orange wire where it splits, pull on it and id almost guarantee you it pulls apart. reconnect the wires with a wire connector,solder or even twist em and tape em. betcha it works! cheap and fairly easy fix. Good luck! :P