2012 Impala tire pressure and check engine light.

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
KZ8901

2012 Impala tire pressure and check engine light.

Unread post by KZ8901 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi, I have a 2012 Impala w/ 40k miles that constantly has the tire pressure light come on. The message center displays " check tire monitor system". I am also getting the check engine light . Autozone tells me code flagged P0014 , something for timing chain or cam shaft. How major is this repair and should I stop driving the vehicle until repaired? Could this be covered under the powertrain warranty? I don't know to much in detail about cars but I'm not totally car illiterate.
Thanks in advance for the assistance!

ProTech

Re: 2012 Impala tire pressure and check engine light.

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Your vehicle is still covered under the manufacturers powertrain warranty. The timing code you have, P0014, will be covered, whatever the problem might be. You just need to get it to a Chevy dealership to get it checked out.

As for the tire pressure light, if the light stays on even after you have set the tire pressure correctly, you may have a faulty sensor. The dealer can check this as well with a special tool. If one or more sensors need replaced, you are more than likely going to have to pay since you are past the 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty which would have covered that. If you're a good return customer at your local dealer, they may help you out on that since it's not a very expensive repair.

KZ8901

Unread post by KZ8901 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:43 pm

I am glad to hear the time chain may be under warranty ... As for the tire sensors, I have been to the dealer more than 6 times due to the light ... The first 4 times it went in it was under the 36000 miles. I asked to have the sensors replaced and the dealer denied me. Now they say it will cost me... I will be making a big scene the next time I'm in if they don't replace it at no cost.

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:22 pm

If you've been in to the dealership multiple times for the tire pressure light, they should be obligated to fix it for you since your problems began while the car was still under the factory warranty. If they hesitate, you might want to make a quick call to GM customer service and they will usually tell the dealer to help you.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

joannejA30

Unread post by joannejA30 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:14 pm

Your car is under warranty. It is best to have it check with the car dealership.