2007 Chevy Impala Low Oil Pressure Light

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
tara693

2007 Chevy Impala Low Oil Pressure Light

Unread post by tara693 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:13 pm

MY 07 IMPALA OIL LIGHT FLASHES ON WITH THE MESSAGE "LOW OIL PRESSURE STOP ENGINE" SO I PUT A QUART OF OIL IN IT & CHECKED THE DIP STICK AGAIN & I HAD ENOUGH OIL IT'S STILL HAPPENING WHAT ARE SOME POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THIS TO HAPPEN

Meccboy

Re: 2007 Chevy Impala Low Oil Pressure Light

Unread post by Meccboy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:13 pm

If the oil level was not low, then that was not the reason for the light. To determine if the engine actually has low oil pressure or not, you would need to have an oil pressure gauge installed on the engine to take a reading. Normally low oil pressure would cause the engine to start taking or knocking. If this is not the case, then I would suspect it's just the oil pressure sensor going bad. Especially if you're Chevy Impala has the V-8 engine. Have seen a few times what seems to be a common problem on the V-8. Under the oil pressure sensor there is a small screen used as sort of a filter to block any debris from getting into the sensor. If this green get plugged up then the oil pressure at the sensor is low so the light comes on. You would need to remove the sensor and pull the screen out of the passage, clean it off, reinstall it and replaced the sensor.