2005 Chevrolet Malibu Radio Unlock Codes

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
laurag

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Radio Unlock Codes

Unread post by laurag » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 pm

I really like this car, it runs good, the radio says LOC, I get good gas mileage but for some reason I am having other problems that are just getting on my nerves.
first- a cd is stuck in the player, I've been trying for over a year to get it out,
second- the factory installed remote start quit working this winter
third- this morning when I got into it (in the garage) the radio is locked. This is a must, I need this fixed soon.

Can anyone help me with any of these issues?

Thank you

Freddy3

Re: 2005 malibu

Unread post by Freddy3 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Your car is too new. Getting an unlock code only works on mid 1990's through early 2000's model years. To get codes for those, click this link... Radio Unlock Codes
The dealer must unlock this radio on your 2005. No codes to enter.
This with the CD stuck, and it locked up for no reason, sounds like you need a new radio.
A lot of things can cause the remote start to quit. A problem in its module, or a codes in the powertrain control module. If you had a check engine light come on, there are codes in the computer. Some codes will also cause the remote start to not work, even though not related to remote start system. Have also had some problems with the hood ajar switch. If the system thinks the hood is open, it will disable the remote start.