1992 Chevy Caprice Stalls Coming To A Stop

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
ampscaprice92

1992 Chevy Caprice Stalls Coming To A Stop

Unread post by ampscaprice92 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:54 pm

92 caprice bogging out at stop lights and i put in nuetral, rev engine to keep it started. once back in gear no power. the check engine light on but the shops say they can't pull any codes. i pulled a code with a jumper wire for the knock sensor. changed but same problem. anyone had this problem. i'll listen to all suggestions. the car has had to sit for 18 months because of this problem. i'm new to how forums work so please exercise patience with me

Bigtrain

Re: 92 caprice

Unread post by Bigtrain » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:14 am

A knock sensor code could be an EC?M problem, and the cause of your condition, or the result of the rway it is running.
Check fuel pressure, ignition timing, take a fuel sample to see if maybe contaminated.

ampscaprice92

Unread post by ampscaprice92 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:16 am

[quote="Bigtrain"]A knock sensor code could be an EC?M problem, and the cause of your condition, or the result of the rway it is running.
Check fuel pressure, ignition timing, take a fuel sample to see if maybe contaminated.[/quote]
hey thanks for answering. how about the 02 sensor or any of the temp sensors.and what sort of contamination would i be looking for in the fuel. i use that lucas fuel additive alot....not overly but when i'm supposed to but is lucas products good or am damaging my car when i use it or products like it? i also use their oil additive also

Bigtrain

Unread post by Bigtrain » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:41 am

An oxygen sensor is not very likely. Nor is temp sensor.
And you should have codes for them if they were the problem.
A fuel sample in a glass jar would show some seperating betwen the gas and any contamination, after it sits for a 1/2 hour or so.