Water in oil Causes Contamination

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
knight275

Water in oil Causes Contamination

Unread post by knight275 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:09 pm

I just found out today that I have water in my oil and a chocolet shake look around my oil cap. I heard that might be a head gasket or crack in the block. I am also soncerned that someone may have put water in my oil intentially. Before I send any major money should I use K&W Block Seal first?

Frank

Re: Water in oil

Unread post by Frank » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:43 pm

First off, i need to know what make and model vehicle, and what engine in this vehicle.

spinit45

camaro cooling system

Unread post by spinit45 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:44 am

I am changing all the cooling system hoses and thermostat on my 2001 chevy camaro with a 3.8L engine. I will be replacing the system with new coolant and I wanted to know how many bleeder screws there are in the system and where they are located so any trapped air remaining in the cooling system can be purged.

Thanks

protech

Re: camaro cooling system

Unread post by protech » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

There is only one bleeder screw on your vehicle. It is located on the thermostat housing. The best way to bleed the cooling system is to open the screw before adding any coolant. While you fill the radiator you'll hear air coming out of the bleeder opening, until finally coolant will start dribbling out. Close the screw, and fill the radiator completely. Run the car until it starts to get hot, then open up the bleeder again to relieve any other air bubbles. It may take a couple times of bleeding, filling, etc...until all the air is out of the system. Usually after the thermostat opens, everything is good.