1993 Camaro Z28 no start or crank issue

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
Icepitt2

1993 Camaro Z28 no start or crank issue

Unread post by Icepitt2 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:45 am

I've had this Camaro for about 2 years now The first year and a half I drove it everyday.
Then I had a TV cable issue where it wouldn't shift out of first gear and burnt up my 700R4 transmission so I'll rebuilt it but now I've got a no start or crank issue I turn the key and nothing I've already bypassed the vats security system by using the chip in my key I'm tying it into the wires under the dash that go to the security system. Starter is good I've checked it but it had a viper alarm system installed before I purchased it and it never worked right so I've went ahead and unhooked it and spliced the wires that it was hooked to back to factory the best I could I've got a Gray and black wire that I have no idea what it ties into and now my automatic door locks on the passenger side do not work and my interior lights are staying on all the time and my RAP doesn't seem to be functioning right either but still no start issue no crank I think I'm going to try to bypass the theft relay that is by the hatch button on the passenger side dash but I don't know what wires to hook together to bypass that any help would be awesome I love to get this thing back on the road

carriedi

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:26 am

normally, you should look at you starter relay operation.

the starter enable relay, in you instrument panel fuse box, gets power from the ignition switch on the c1 and c2 pins. a1 pin grounds through the pass-key module and the a2 pin goes through to the starter solenoid. Wire (a1) from the starter relay to pass-key is yellow and black. Verify that you are getting the ground signal on that wire. (is the security light on?) If no ground then pass-key not sending ground to allow the relay to connect circuit to starter. If you have a good ground the is the relay clicking when you move the ignition switch to start? If the relay is clicking in start then look downstream from there. Is the car in park or neutral to complete the circuit through there? (or clutch switch if manual trans) (a2 from relay to neutral safety is a dark green wire)

the purple wire that goes to the starter is the power from the starter relay to the solenoid. Are you getting power on that wire?

what have you checked to follow the starting circuit so far? Is the ignition switch getting power from the battery? Is the power going out from the ignition switch to the starter relay? Is the relay good? Is the relay getting the ground from the pass-key? Is the relay sending power out to the neutral safety? Is the power getting to the starter? Is the starter working?
Attachments
93 camaro start.jpg