grand prix gtp with super charger 1997 miss firing (bogging

equipmentroom1

98 gran prix gtp supercharge

Unread post by equipmentroom1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:13 am

A/c clutch does not engage have no hot power to those wires, what sensors and pressure switches should I check? Fuses are fine. Thanks

MeccBoy

Re: 98 gran prix gtp supercharge

Unread post by MeccBoy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 pm

The A/C compressor is controlled by the PCM. It grounds the clutch relay.
The pressure switch is either on or near the accumulator- the large silver cylinder on the left side of the engine compartment, under the air clener.

Cosmo

Supercharger not working

Unread post by Cosmo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 am

I have a 2001 pontiac grand prix gtp. supercharger is not working. Any ideas

MechanicsMan

Re: Supercharger not working

Unread post by MechanicsMan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm

When you say it isn't working what exactly is the problem.

Cosmo

Unread post by Cosmo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:37 pm

There is no boost. The gauge shows no boost when I accelerate.

TerryAuto

Unread post by TerryAuto » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:31 pm

You have to determine if it is an actual no boost condition, or a gauge problem. You should feel a big loss in acceleration from what was normal if there is no boost.

If there is none, check the belt. Other than that, the supercharger may have broke inside. That is about all that goes wrong with them.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

miket

grand prix gtp with super charger 1997 miss firing (bogging

Unread post by miket » Thu May 16, 2013 7:00 pm

my 1997 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged series2 3800 missfires (sputters) when accelerating quickly but levels off when at one speed if on highway does same going up hill or passing I have changed plugs and wires still same problem I get codes p0300 p0336 and p0401 please help

ProTech

Re: grand prix gtp with super charger 1997 miss firing (bogg

Unread post by ProTech » Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 pm

All three of those codes can each cause the sputtering problem you are experiencing. The P0300 is a general misfire code meaning you have had or currently have enough misfires on one or more cylinders to set that code. The P0336 code is for the crankshaft position sensor, and the P0401 code is for the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system.

Now, a bad crank sensor can cause misfires and also the poor performance you're having, so you might want to start there. Since you've replaced the ignition components, it's probably not that unless you have a bad coil or module.

The EGR issue is for lack of flow, which usually means the system is clogged up with carbon deposits, and is fairly common. This can require EGR valve replacement, or other system components. It would really need to be tested to see what needs to be replaced.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+