2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Keyless Entry Problems

FLIPPER

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Keyless Entry Problems

Unread post by FLIPPER » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm

I purchased this car for my daughter and it didn't come with any fobs,so i bought one at the dealer and my buddy knew the truck manager so he asked if they would program it for me,and they couldn't do it,they said the car had a low voltage problem according to their scanner.I was wondering what the problem could be,maybe a ground issue?Then the other day the check engine light came on and i have a memoscan obdII scanner and i plugged it in,turn the key on it had two po440 codes so i cleared one and the other one wouldn't,then the radio and the message board went blank,then all kinds of different messages came up?

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Keyless Entry Problems

Unread post by butchkaz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Sounds like you have a couple different issues going on there. First off, are you sure the vehicle is equipped with the option to have remotes? It may have come with none for a reason. Other than that, the P0440 code is for the Evaporative Emission System, so there is a problem with that somewhere. As for the radio and message center going blank, that could be an electrical issue or a module problem.

Could also be a body control module or ignition switch problem. the ignition switch is what feeds power to the car systems.

Looks like a few different areas need to be diagnosed.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.