Massive jerking and bumping while driving 2002 Pontiac grand

BlackPlumb

Massive jerking and bumping while driving 2002 Pontiac grand

Unread post by BlackPlumb » Wed May 30, 2018 7:35 am

BlackPlumb 01:41 AM May 30th, 2018
I have a 2002 Pontiac grand am and I would drive this car just fine up to 2-3 months ago when it started to jerk whenever I press on the gas or it does it on its own. It's been getting worse and worse as time passes by and it's driving me nuts. I can feel the jerk and something bumping particularly in front on the drivers side, it's like beyond the pedal. I got new spark plugs and wires no change, new fuel filter no change, new fuel pump no change and new air filter no change. Almost 2 months ago I went to jiffy lube for transmission oil change and it didn't really help. I was later told that they probably didn't flush the system and change the filter by valvoline. Maybe my transmission is in great need of a flush and filter replaced? I really want to be sure cause I have spent a ton of money already on stuff that didn't work and I'm not rich. I have a 6 cylinder engine btw.

carriedi

Re: Massive jerking and bumping while driving 2002 Pontiac g

Unread post by carriedi » Wed May 30, 2018 11:07 pm

that's a tough one without knowing more about what is happening. One of those things where you just have to drive the car and feel it yourself.

Is the check engine light on? Or does it come on at times? Do you have a tach? What is the tach doing when the car starts jerking around?

you should have someone scan your car for codes. They should also drive the car with the scanner on and record the data stream. This way the can record what the car is doing and see what the computer sees as happening. There is also a misfire counter in the scanner and you could scan for misfires. see if it is random or fixed to certain cylinders. You could also record what the transmission is doing on another drive and see if the trans is acting up.

Engine mount? CV joint? misfire? Trans? Short? could be any number of things. I don't think a trans flush or filter would cause a jerk to the vehicle. (but I have seen weirder things) Need more information or description of what is happening and when it happens.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Re: Massive jerking and bumping while driving 2002 Pontiac grand

Unread post by Guest » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:21 am

Look on your ignition control module, on the driver side of it therenis a plug with 2 wires going to a purple and yellow i belive,. Look to see if those wire may have touched exhaust and fused together. 100% certanty that no is your problem!