BCM Problem On Pontiac Grand Am

joey729

BCM Problem On Pontiac Grand Am

Unread post by joey729 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 pm

My fog lights do not work I did all the tests to see what is wrong the bcm is not sending power to the lights so is there anyway to bipass the bcm to make the fog lights work and the switch independantly without going through the bcM

wildman

Re: BCM

Unread post by wildman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:16 pm

If I understand you correctly, you want to just wire a separate switch to the lights. You can, but a recommendation is to cut the wires going to them, tape the end back into the harness, and install a relay somewhere close. This way, you're not running a wire with load through your vehicle, to get hot and cause problems later on. Run the power to the relay, run the actuator wire to your switch, and then wire the lights into the relay. You need a ground run to the relay too, but it's a better way. Also, I would run the lights ground to the frame, because some lights switch through the ground instead of hot.
Shade-tree mechanic

Did You Find Some Great Help?
Why make a small tip / donation to show your appreciation-
Help Keep Us Free

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: BCM

Unread post by butchkaz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:16 pm

wildman wrote:If I understand you correctly, you want to just wire a separate switch to the lights. You can, but a recommendation is to cut the wires going to them, tape the end back into the harness, and install a relay somewhere close. This way, you're not running a wire with load through your vehicle, to get hot and cause problems later on. Run the power to the relay, run the actuator wire to your switch, and then wire the lights into the relay. You need a ground run to the relay too, but it's a better way. Also, I would run the lights ground to the frame, because some lights switch through the ground instead of hot.
Go info Wildman.
Keep up the good work !
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.