1997 Bonneville won't start throws code po300..help

bus

gauges 2005 Bonneville

Unread post by bus » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:33 pm

I have a 2005 Bonneville and the speedometer is stuck at 80, oil pressure is at max, and tack doesn't work. I tried a disconnect from battery, checked fuse #7 under hood, and checked fuse #30 under rear seat,(both good). What can be wrong?

Danman

Re: gauges 2005 Bonneville

Unread post by Danman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Sounds like the cluster is bad and needs to be replaced with a new or rebuilt unit.

bus1z0120

Re: gauges 2005 Bonneville

Unread post by bus1z0120 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:58 am

TY FOR THE REPLY

William

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Transmsision No Overrdrive

Unread post by William » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:10 pm

1996 Pontiac Boneville SE transmission shift power buttons stay lit inside the car. When started car while still cold will not go into overdrive untill shifted into first gear.

ProTech

Re: 1996 Pontiac Bonneville Transmsision No Overrdrive

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

This is a typical symptom of a transmission that is about to fail. Usually gears will start to have problems engaging, or shift at different speeds than normal. A problem like this will only get worse over time, so it is important to get the transmission repaired now so the cost is cheaper. A reputable shop would be needed to do this, as the transmission would need to removed from the vehicle, disassembled and inspected to find the problem areas.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

boaterrick1

2001 pontiac bonneville humming noise

Unread post by boaterrick1 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:29 pm

I have a humming noise coming from the front end. jacked up the car there is no play on the tires makes noise when driving turning to the left seems to go away . the car has 64000 miles on it . any ideas what it could be thanks

ProTech

Re: 2001 pontiac bonneville humming noise

Unread post by ProTech » Sun May 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Most likely it's a bad wheel bearing. If the tires are not worn or feathered, it is usually a hub bearing that will make a humming/groaning/growling type noise. You'd have to determine which side is making the noise, though.

sMochaB

1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 liter supercharged

Unread post by sMochaB » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:40 pm

What about the Bonneville I was told that somebody had tried to use the key that did not go to the anti theft system and the car locked it out I didn't know that but it turns out that it's not that we've been doing that trial and error it's a process of elimination rather and the security light doesn't function like it's supposed to if there's a vat problem so any suggestions I'm fresh out of ideas and a lot of the men I bring in to try to help me and they're stumped too

carriedi

Re: 1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 liter supercharged

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:17 pm

a wrong key signal will make it so the car won't start and stay running. But as soon as you put a correct key in the car will start normally. The passlock is looking for the right signal to let you start your car. If it sees a wrong signal it won't let you start up. It does not lock you out if you have the correct key just because you put a bad key in previously.

if you have a key that has worked before then it should work when you use it again. If the key that worked before doesn't work any more you could have a wire connection that is no longer working or the passlock module might just be a bad unit. Using a tech2 scanner you can look at the passlock info and check for the signal returning from the sensor.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Lanie76

1997 Bonneville won't start throws code po300..help

Unread post by Lanie76 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:12 am

[image][/image]It be[image][/image]

carriedi

Re: 1997 Bonneville won't start throws code po300..help

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:30 pm

(going off of the post's title because the body of the post just says 'image stuff but no image shows up)

P0300 is for misfires that aren't able to pin it to a particular cylinder. Usually not a reason for a no-start.

is that the only code stored?

If you can scan for engine codes, can you scan for other other codes? Can you see the data stream? can you see if you have an RPM signal while you are cranking the engine?

security light not showing a problem with the passlock system?

when you say won't start do you means the engine turns over but won't start of do you mean it doesn't crank over?

if it turns over but doesn't start you will need to check for spark, fuel (injector pulse and fuel pressure) and engine timing. (timing chain)

What tools and abilities do you have or another person to help you figure out what's going on with your vehicle? (Some parts of diagnosing your car will take more than just one person)

Let me know so we can go to a next step