car jerking in gears

crystola17

car jerking in gears

Unread post by crystola17 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:19 pm

my car just start messing up i have never had to spend money. when i'm driving my car jerks the gears are changing i just don't understand why it jerking. and you give me some feedback.

ProTech

Re: car jerking in gears

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Probably a transmission problem or an engine misfire. There's some feedback for you.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

crystola17

Unread post by crystola17 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:54 pm

all the gears are changing but its killing it jerk then kill so i don't think it the transmission.

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:05 am

Just because the gears are changing, does not mean there isn't a problem with the trans. Or, like I said too, it could be the engine misfiring. You should really get it checked out. Also, just because you've never had to spend any money on it before, doesn't mean you won't be spending a lot in the future....cars do break, you know.

crystola17

Unread post by crystola17 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 am

I did get it check and the code said it was miss fire on all coil packs and i took off all that the brain i got check and they said it was good so i am really loss so i think the best way is t bring it to the dealer and put it on there computer.

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:07 am

A misfire code does not necessarily mean it is the coil packs. It could be anything from fuel injectors, spark plugs, ignition wires, low compression, etc. You might be in over your head here, so yeah you're best best would be to take it to someone with a bit more knowledge about this than you. The dealership would be a great choice.

crystola17

Unread post by crystola17 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Got question for you i got it to the dealer and they told me the same thing about miss fire so i changed that computer aND IT'S STILL KILLING

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:37 pm

A computer doesn't usually cause a misfire, so you probably replaced that for nothing. How about actually letting the dealership do the work on the car instead of just telling you what codes are stored? You're wasting too much time, money and effort replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. If the dealership tells you it's a certain part, and you have them replace it, if it's still messed up they will have to continue to fix it for free. Let them make the mistakes instead of you, it will cost you less in the long run.