2001 Bonneville P0440 EVAP

2001 Bonneville P0440 EVAP

Unread post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:30 pm

2001 Bonneville code P0440 coming up what is it and how do I fix it?

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: 2001 Bonniville

Unread post by butchkaz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Code P0440 is a problem in the evaporative emissions system.
There can be many causes for this.
From a loose gas cap, leaking vapor line, to a stuck solenoid or valve.
A scanner to control the evap system funtions, and a pressure test on the system would be needed.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

Steve

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Cam And Crank Sensor Codes

Unread post by Steve » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:25 am

Pontiac boneville 3800 series 2. There was a code for cam crank sensor. I replaced crank sensor and wiring harness to crank and cam sensor...the wirning harness was from the junk yard the crank sensor was new.
The car dies out, i took it in to a shop and this is what they said, this car has codes for for cam and crank sensor also has wire harness to it if we wiggle the harness car dies customer has been told we would like to replace cam and crank sensor and then wiggle harness..when i pull up on the the harness the car will start if i wiggle the wires it wont start. it like i'm pulling up on the coil pack or the thing the wires are pluged in too it will start.

ProTech

Re: 2001 Pontiac Bonneville Cam And Crank Sensor Codes

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 pm

It seems you probably have a partially broken wire inside that wiring harness somewhere, and as you (or the other mechanics) pull or wiggle on it, you get different outcomes. I would hesitate to say that a junk yard harness would be a good choice. You might want to at least try a brand new harness from the dealer, before replacing any other sensors again. That would probably take care of your problem.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

jbyrd

1999 bonneville crank sensors

Unread post by jbyrd » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Could a bad fuse holder cause me to lose my crankshaft position sensors

carriedi

Re: 1999 bonneville crank sensors

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:58 pm

not usually. they run from the ignition control module and back. and the ignition control runs from the PCM and back. if there was or is a fise problem it would affect the PCM first, then to the ICM, then to the crank sensor. you should only have one crank sensor. there is one wire to the ICM that comes from the fuel pump fuse #6 a 20A fuse in the instrument panel fuse box.

If you have had your crank sensor go out more than once in a great while you might want to look at your crank sensor signal, when it goes out again, to verify that the crank sensor signal is gone or if the ignition control module just doesn't see it. Another thing is that can cause problems is high secondary ignition resistance can make the spark jump around and cause problems too.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.