Pontiac torrent 2006

Grand Prix and Grand Am, Bonneville, Montana and Transport.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Pontiac questions now.
Taylor

Pontiac torrent 2006

Unread post by Taylor » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:09 am

I have a 2006 Pontiac torrent it throws cold air and not hot fan work radiator is fuel the hoses I can touch when it gets to temperature is that normal

carriedi

Re: Pontiac torrent 2006

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:29 pm

I am not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the heater inside the car or the radiator fan in the engine compartment?

first ell me what is the problem with the car. No heat from the heater? No heat from the radiator fan?

does your car have a temperature gauge for the engine temp.? Are you saying that when the engine is up to normal temperature that you don't have any hot air coming from the heater?

the heater core has two hoses coming from the engine. Are you saying that both of those hoses are cold when the engine is up to normal temperature? If that is the case then there is a blockage in the heater system or you are low on coolant and have an air pocket in the heater core. Normally, both hoses should be hot to the touch. If one side is hot and one isn't then the heater core is probably plugged up. If both hoses are hot but you don't get heat from the heater then the blend door may not be working. If both hoses are not hot then there is no coolant flow through the hoses. Either air in the heater core and hoses or plugged up port from the engine.

let me know about both of the hoses going from the engine to the heater core (if that's what you mean). or the radiator if that's what you are talking about.