02 grand prix gtp

Grand Prix and Grand Am, Bonneville, Montana and Transport.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Pontiac questions now.

02 grand prix gtp

Unread post by Guest » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:02 pm

02 grand prix gtp boost gauge is showing boost at idle and its active with my cruise set on 60 it will surge some and some times it cuts off but starts back up I've replaced crankshaft sensor, mass air flow sensor, evap purge solenoid,fuel pump , etc. This has gotten expensive need help

carriedi

Re: 02 grand prix gtp

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:46 am

boost control solenoid is controlled by the PCM. If you have boost at idle I would be checking the vacuum lines. Check the bypass valve actuator and the bypass valve for sticking or just stuck. Of a bad boost control solenoid.

to check the system for operation you will need a vacuum gauge and a scanner that can communicate with the PCM and you can tell the PCM to open and close the vacuum to the system. A vacuum pump would also help so you can apply vacuum and see if you can make the bypass valve actuator retract.

Have you hooked up a scanner to see what the PCM is doing? Do you have any codes stored in memory? If you do what are the code numbers?

why did you replace all those parts? are you having other problems other than just the boost gauge showing boost at the wrong times?