Starter fuse

Grand Prix and Grand Am, Bonneville, Montana and Transport.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Pontiac questions now.
Mts1977

Starter fuse

Unread post by Mts1977 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:01 am

2005 grand am blows the starter fuse (fuse #54) Everytime I run key to crank position, can anybody help me out on this. Starter is new, ignition switch is new, security is not the problem. If I put a fuse in, car with start but fuse blows right when I turn key to crank, then sometimes when I go to shut car off starter will try to start engine again, while turning the key backwards.

carriedi

Re: Starter fuse

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:52 pm

fuse #54 should be the crank fuse. It only shows that it is connected to the powertrain control module and the park/neutral position switch. You might have to take it to a shop unless you can locate the wiring out of the fuse block and separate the wires to the pcm Pin B11 purple wire and the neutral safety wire pin A11 yellow wire and check each wire with a 10A fuse and see which one blows the fuse and then trace it from there. Have you added any electrical equipment or made any changes to the vehicle wiring? Check the wiring going to the neutral safety switch and see if it has rubbed through any where or is pinched somewhere.