Aztek Pontiac 2004 stalls when driving

Grand Prix and Grand Am, Bonneville, Montana and Transport.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Pontiac questions now.
jeepy

Aztek Pontiac 2004 stalls when driving

Unread post by jeepy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:14 pm

We just bought 2004 aztex a week ago. while driving it stalls and makes a bang/pop kinda noise and dies. there's oil and half tank gas. what could this be?

ProTech

Re: Aztek Pontiac 2004 stalls when driving

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Well, first let me congratulate you on purchasing one of the absolute worst vehicles GM has ever made. You'll be coming back here often with many, many problems and questions. In all honesty, though, you should think of getting rid of it and purchasing a more reliable vehicle. Trust me on this one!

As for your problem, it can be a multitude of things that cause an issue like you are experiencing. I'd first recommend that you get the vehicle scanned to see if any trouble codes have set, and go from there.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Heihachi07

Unread post by Heihachi07 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:19 am

Had oil change and got 4 new tires on my 2002 Pontiac Sunfire. Now the trac off light is staying lit and it's shifting very hard.
Check engine light came on earlier and I took it back to the shop...they cleared the codes and said that should fix it. Now the trac off light is on again and the shifting is hard...no check engine light yet. Suggestions?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:39 am

you should make your own post instead of adding to another post so your header matches the content. just a suggestion...

when you took your car back and they scanned it, what were the codes that they cleared? Clearing codes does not fix anything. It just erases the memory so that the computer has to figure out what is going wrong all over again. So, if you have a problem and you just erase it, why wouldn't it show up again later? You should ask to know what the codes were that they erased and then you should have an idea on what is going on.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

raneger

Unread post by raneger » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:35 am

ProTech wrote:Well, first let me congratulate you on purchasing one of the absolute worst vehicles GM has ever made. You'll be coming back here often with many, many problems and questions. In all honesty, though, you should think of getting rid of it and purchasing a more reliable vehicle. Trust me on this one!

As for your problem, it can be a multitude of things that cause an issue like you are experiencing. I'd first recommend that you get the vehicle scanned to see if any trouble codes have set, and go from there.

You are brutally honest there, to think that you are a GM dealer! I don't mean it in a bad way though!