Buick Regal Sportback 2018 tail stop lights issue

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.

Buick Regal Sportback 2018 tail stop lights issue

Unread post by Guest » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 am

Dear All!

I live in Europe and I own Buick Regal Sportback 2018 made in accordance with US standards. There is another standard of tail lighting to be in Europe. Coner signal light to be orange and rear stop light to be red and commonly it is combined with tail position lights.
Unfortunately, corder light and rear stop light are combined in Buick and when I changed my light from Opel Insignia Grandsport and I have orange corner and stop now combined.
Do someone have wire diagram for Buick Regal 2018? I need to fix it.
Or does someone know if I change Body control module to Opel's one, will it fix the issue?

Thanks in advance

Viktor

carriedi

Re: Buick Regal Sportback 2018 tail stop lights issue

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:34 pm

I have been looking at the wiring diagrams for Buick Regal, (three pages) and they show a single wire for rear brake and turn signal going from the body control module to the rear tail light logic module. Well, a single wire to each tail light. there is no separate signal going to the rear that you could use for turns only. So, you can splice into the tail lights and have your amber light be turn and brake just like the red light or you can run wires from the front turn circuit and run them to the amber lights you have installed. If you run the from turn to add the rear turn, then the amber rear turn will only blink when the turn is on.

the thing is, I don't know if the additional lights will cause the body control module to set a code for additional amps. I would suggest LED lights for the rear lights so the amps will be less on the circuit.

I don't know anything about switching the BCM with an Opel. That sounds like a more costly experiment than running wires from the BCM that go to the front and tying them to the rear also.