2016 Buick regal hvac system not working

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Iketomtom

2016 Buick regal hvac system not working

Unread post by Iketomtom » Fri May 31, 2019 7:12 pm

A few days ago my hvac controls went completely black and haven't came back on. I'm looking for advice on where to start so I can fix problem

carriedi

Re: 2016 Buick regal hvac system not working

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:38 am

the first thing I would do is look for a blown fuse. The HVAC module is powered up by fuse #17 in the instrument panel fuse block in the lower left side of the dash. Should be a 10 amp fuse.

here is a picture of where the fuse #17 should be. By the book anyways. Sometimes the book is not correct.

If the fuse is good and has power with the ignition key in the run position, then you have to remove the hvac controls and check the powers and grounds. If all the powers and grounds are good you will probably have to replace the hvac control module.

Have the vehicle scanned. They should be able to scan the hvac module. I'm thinking that there won't be any communication with that module because if nothing lights up or turns on there probably won't be any computer communication. Scanning for all codes may turn up a clue before the module went completely out. It's an easy check.
Attachments
regal hvac fuse.jpg

Tommy

Re: 2016 Buick regal hvac system not working

Unread post by Tommy » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:34 am

Iketomtom wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:12 pm
A few days ago my hvac controls went completely black and haven't came back on. I'm looking for advice on where to start so I can fix problem
If there are no blown fuses, try tapping on the front face of the controls. If it flickers, then the control head needs to be replaced.