Car wont start 1997 Lesabre

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
AnthonyWard

Car wont start 1997 Lesabre

Unread post by AnthonyWard » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:26 am

97 Buick Lesabre Custom.... Car ran hot so i changed top radiator hose cause it was sucked together.... Started car for about two mins n shut it off... Wont start back.... I took plug wire off to see if i had spark... I do have spark but when i check fuel pressure it was barely shooting out.... I was told it could be my fuel pump or my Cam shaft sensor... Can u guys help please???

ProTech

Re: Car wont start 1997 Lesabre

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:42 am

Just checking the fuel 'shooting out' of the test port is not at all a good way to see if you've got fuel pressure. You really need to check it with a fuel pressure gauge. It should be 45psi minimum with the key on. If you've got spark, you can assume that your crank and cam sensors are working as well as the ignition module. You're probably looking at a bad fuel pump, or possible computer problem. It would help as well to get the car scanned to see if any trouble codes are present that might help diagnose the car.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

deucesmommie

Re: Car wont start 1997 Lesabre

Unread post by deucesmommie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 pm

AnthonyWard wrote:97 Buick Lesabre Custom.... Car ran hot so i changed top radiator hose cause it was sucked together.... Started car for about two mins n shut it off... Wont start back.... I took plug wire off to see if i had spark... I do have spark but when i check fuel pressure it was barely shooting out.... I was told it could be my fuel pump or my Cam shaft sensor... Can u guys help please???
Hey this sounds like a security issue.. Is the light on? I had this same issue.. I searched around and came across this site. They sell a module that you can install yourself and it bypasses the security system viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5557 , Go read up on it... The make and year of your car is on the list.. Hope this helps.. Let me know