No air through vents Buick Park Avenue

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
marquis2222

No air through vents Buick Park Avenue

Unread post by marquis2222 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Air will not blow through my vents on my 95 park ave, I have replaced the blower motor and still no air. What could be my problem?

carriedi

Re: No air through vents Buick Park Avenue

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:58 pm

when you say no air comes out the vents, do you mean the fan is on and blowing but no air comes out or is the fan not coming on? Do you mean no air blowing out of the vents, or defrost and heater too? Need more info
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

marquis2222

Unread post by marquis2222 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 pm

carriedi wrote:when you say no air comes out the vents, do you mean the fan is on and blowing but no air comes out or is the fan not coming on? Do you mean no air blowing out of the vents, or defrost and heater too? Need more info
the fan will not come on at all, but I can feel heat as I drive the car for a distance. as I have stated the blower motor has been replaced. The defrost take a while put it does eventually defrost the wind shield. can you give me some suggestions on this problem?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:09 am

your blower motor only has two big wires going to it. one black and one purple. If you verify that the black wire is ground then you only have to check if you have power on the purple wire at anytime the fan should be on. you could just unplug the blower motor and use the test light between the two leads in the wire harness connector. If it lights up you have a bad blower. If it doesn't light up check your fuses. fuse 5D (25amp), 5A (10amp) in the instrument panel fuse block and fuse 3 (30amp) in the right side underhood fuse panel. those three power the blower. There are also two relays for the blower in a relay panel in the center of the firewall behind the motor. You have a blower resistor for all the lower speeds and a relay for high speed.

when you are driving there will be air that comes into the car through the vent by your wipers for fresh air. It won't be blowing but it will bring some heat into the vehicle while you are moving.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

weswiers

Unread post by weswiers » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:46 pm

check your vacuum line/s in engine compartment leading into firewall, had same problem with 95 buick lesabre