95 Buick LeSabre Electrical Issue NEED HELP!

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
gram95lesabre

95 Buick LeSabre Electrical Issue NEED HELP!

Unread post by gram95lesabre » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:45 am

This is pertaining to an electrical/ignition problem for a 95 Buick LeSabre with 94k miles. The car battery is consistently dieing. I have 7 amps drawing from the battery when the car is turned off. The battery is brand new, I have replaced a replacement just to be sure I could eliminate the battery however it is the $80 battery from auto zone so theres a slight chance it could be the quality of the battery. I have taken it to my buddy to test parts on the car that draw power when the car is off to see what might be sucking the juice from the battery. The car will not be able to start 3 days after it was last turned off. The odd thing is the car started the past three straight days, I can it to recharge the battery and when I went out today to start it, the battery was dead. This is the first time any thing like this has happened to the car.

Do you have any suggestions on why this is happening? I’d be glad to answer any questions that would provide additional insight into my dilemma.

carriedi

Re: 95 Buick LeSabre Electrical Issue NEED HELP!

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:46 am

seven amp draw is a pretty big battery draw. finding a draw on a battery is a process of elimination usually. You're going to need to measure the draw and start eliminating sections of of the electrical systems to see what turns off the draw. The alternator could be a draw if the diodes are bad, BCM not turning things off or not going to sleep, thunk lamp not turning off... However 7 amp is way bigger that just a trunk light. Multiple passenger compartment lights usually only go up to 4 amps. Start removing relays and fuses until the draw drops off to see what circuit is the draw. It's possible that there is more than just one curcuit.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.