2000 Buick LeSabre intermittant injector firing

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
ace324

2000 Buick LeSabre intermittant injector firing

Unread post by ace324 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:50 pm

2000 Buick LeSabre 3.8 engine. Car starts runs sometimes 5 or 6 minutes, sometimes 5 or 10 seconds and sometimes it will run 30 or 45 minutes. Changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, Crank sensor and the ICM. Fuses all seem to be working. When it stalls you can spray starting fluid into the air intake and it will start but stalls when the fluid is consumed. Checked one of the injectors with a test light while an assistant cranked the motor over and there was no power the first try but the second time she cranked it over there was power and it started and then it stalled again. What could be causing this?

TerryAuto

Re: 2000 Buick LeSabre intermittant injector firing

Unread post by TerryAuto » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 pm

The PCM controls the ground side of the fuel injectors, but not the power feed. Sounds like you have a wiring problem. Check the wiring under the hood. Move harnesses around to see if you can get it to stall. Especially the injector harness that goes down the passenger side of the intake behind the alternator. Also move around the fuse box and harness for the injector fuse(s).
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

ace324

Unread post by ace324 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm

I checked the wires and could not find anything wrong. Then I called a used auto parts store that I get parts from to see if they had any idea what part could be causing it to stall. I told them the fuel injectors were only firing part of the time and if I sprayed starting fluid into the intake it would start. First thing he said was sounds like the Security system is locked. He told me how to unlock it and it worked. Yeah!!! it's running.

TerryAuto

Unread post by TerryAuto » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Well, the theft system can only cause the car to not start. It CAN NOT cause it to stall after running for a few minutes. A common cause for that is the passlock cylinder. Broken wires will cause it to not start. See picture.
Attachments
PICT0458-390x286.jpg
The small white wires break of the back of the passlock cylinder.
PICT0458-390x286.jpg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 4760 times
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.