2002 buick regal blower in op cruise light on

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
fast_ed_guy

2002 buick regal blower in op cruise light on

Unread post by fast_ed_guy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 am

hi my blower has only been working on low and high for a while, nothing in between, and i do not have power to the resistor on any settings except low and high, but now my blower does not work at all and the cruise light is on, sometimes if im playing with the control head changing speeds the cruise light will flicker. Any help here? Thanks

bart

Re: 2002 buick regal blower in op cruise light on

Unread post by bart » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Since the cruise and blower speeds are not related in any way, i would think you have a wiring harness shorted somewhere, or possibly a fuse box problem not giving enough voltage to these systems.
Thi is a assuming you have checked the power into the resistor correctly. Each speed setting from the control powers a different wire at the resistor.

fast_ed_guy

Unread post by fast_ed_guy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 am

well according to my mitchell diagrams, if im reading them right, they both do have a brown wire to them off from the ignition switch, and yes i have check for power at the resistor at each wire and speed, just seems weird if i keep playing with the speed knob sometimes the cruise light will flash or go off on the #2 speed setting, i did pull the a/c control head out and found on pin B that the head was a little melted and i can easily move the connector prong

Bart

Unread post by Bart » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:32 pm

clean up that burned ternimal and use a volt meter to check for a voltage change on one of the brown wires while turning the knob- and the cruise light comes on.

fast_ed_guy

Unread post by fast_ed_guy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:41 am

ok the control head was bad, because it was not sending out power to the resiter on 2,3,or 4, but the problem that i found actually relates them all (i also noticed auto headlamps, rear defrost would not work) i checked for battery voltage on my fuses instead of just test lighting them, cruise fuse and hvac fuse had only 6 volts, power them up with 12 volts and everything works normal, installed a new ignition switch and all is well, thank you for your help i appreciate

butchkaz
Site Admin

Unread post by butchkaz » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:44 pm

fast_ed_guy wrote:ok the control head was bad, because it was not sending out power to the resiter on 2,3,or 4, but the problem that i found actually relates them all (i also noticed auto headlamps, rear defrost would not work) i checked for battery voltage on my fuses instead of just test lighting them, cruise fuse and hvac fuse had only 6 volts, power them up with 12 volts and everything works normal, installed a new ignition switch and all is well, thank you for your help i appreciate
Thanks Bart. Good job !
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.