2000 Buick Park Avenue Brake Vacuum Leak

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Chuck

2000 Climate control beeping and flasing

Unread post by Chuck » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 pm

The climate comtrol on my buick le sabre 2000 is beeping and flashing all the time!
How can I fix this with out going to the dealership?

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: 2000 Climate control beeping and flasing

Unread post by butchkaz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Have to say i have never had a climate control system beep and flash.
If you are certain this is where the noise is coming from, then it would need to be replaced. Must have a short circuit internally.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

joshlin1932

CLIMATE CONTROL ASSEMBLY

Unread post by joshlin1932 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:08 pm

I was driving along in my 2000 LeSabre and my entire climate control assembly went dead and my A/C stopped working. It seems like a ground problem, but I cannot locate where it is grounded to the body so I can check that. Can you please help?

Billnad

BUICK CLIMATE CONTROL ASSEMBLY

Unread post by Billnad » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:19 pm

First check all the fuses.
Tap on the control to see if it will come back to life.

BuickPA2000

2000 Buick Park Avenue Brake Vacuum Leak

Unread post by BuickPA2000 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:51 pm

When I depress my brakes I hear a wooshing sound as long as I hold them down and while holding them down they slowly leak down to the floor. I am not getting a rock solid lock' em up brake process. The wooshing sound appears to be in the area of the booster. All brakes (disc) are completely new just 3-4 months ago. I have had no issues with the brakes.

When we changed the brakes they were well bled. About once a week my ABS indicator light will come on when I back out of my driveway and then go out shortly after. I have checked the vacuum from the engine to the booster and no discrepancies noted. It was suggested to me to run the car, turn it off and then pull the vacuum line from the booster and listen for a vacuum sound. I did this and yes I got a vacuum sound so I am thinking that the booster diaphragm is intact.

My MC is not losing any fluid. My thoughts are a 1. failed booster, 2. an internal leaking MC or 3. an ABS module issue (there was a recall back in the day for the "Brake Hydraulic Control Unit" (also was referred to as "Internal Leaks in the ABS hydraulic modulator") I have had GM cars for 30+ years and have never had this problem. Since I am out of work I cannot do shotgun maintnenance so I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

ProTech

Re: 2000 Buick Park Avenue Brake Vacuum Leak

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Well, the 'wooshing' sound is a dead giveaway of a bad brake booster, whether is checks ok or not. Especially if it keeps doing it while your foot is applied to the brake pedal, it's basically just letting the vacuum pass right through it, hence the poor pedal feel.

I'd recommend replacing it, or at least finding that vacuum leak to verify.

The ABS problem is most likely something completely different, and usually just a bad wheel speed sensor or wiring harness.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

jen

park avenue 1999 blower quits

Unread post by jen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:15 pm

The blower goes out when i hit the gas on my buick park avenue. It only happens in drive gear, not reverse. When i hit the gas and the blower goes out, it also sounds like the the frame or something is clunking. Could these be relarwd somehow? I read it could be a wiring problem.

ProTech

Re: park avenue 1999 blower quits

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:16 pm

You've probably got a wiring problem that is being influence by the movement of the frame/car when you take off in gear. Something has to be rubbing or loose in that area. You might want to trace the wiring from the blower motor/resistor area and out to the main harness to find the issue.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+