2001 Buick Lesabre tail light troubleshooting

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.

2001 Buick Lesabre tail light troubleshooting

Unread post by Guest » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:41 am

2001 Buick Lesabre: having problems with tail lights. Brake and turn signal work--daytime and nighttime running lights will not. All bulbs have been changed. Also, after headlight was changed, other front lights will not work. Turn signals still work, though.

Meccboy

Re: 2001 Buick Lesabre tail light troubleshooting

Unread post by Meccboy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Be sure to check all fuses.
Grab hold of the wiring harneses around the headlight bulb you changed and pull and wiggle them to see if there was some sort of poor connection you may have disturbed when replacing that bulb.

jimhethr

99 Buick lesabre temperature gauge in red

Unread post by jimhethr » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:58 am

I installed a new intake gasket. When I was installing the intake, I broke the temp. sensor off. So I installed a new sensor. After I finished putting it all back together and started it, the coolant gauge would go all the way to the red right when you turn the key on. I check for air in the coolant and it was good. So I put a new pig tail on, thinking that may be the problem. I checked my volts on the wires, I got 5 volts the yellow wire and 12.0v on the green, nothing on the black. So I checked all my wires going back to the main plug going on the fire wall that goes to the inside of the car, all are good. I pulled the main plug off and I would loose all the power going to sensor. So my thinking is I may have a bad gauge or something is feeding the yellow wire 12.0v . Is there only one coolant sensor on it? I can use any info to help fix this problem.

carriedi

Re: 99 Buick lesabre temperature gauge in red

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:16 pm

if the coolant circuit is unplugged it should read -40F. Shorted to ground it will read all the way up. Unplug the wire connector to the sensor and see if the gauge goes all the way down. Then plug it back on. If it goes all the way to the top again I would try another sending unit before doing anything else.