08 Impala fuel pump power

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
kinzey43

08 Impala fuel pump power

Unread post by kinzey43 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:59 pm

There is no power to the 15 amp fuel pump fuse. Relay clicks but no fuel pressure. The fuel pump was recently replaced and the car was working OK

carriedi

Re: 08 Impala fuel pump power

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:41 am

if the fuel pump relay clicks and you don't have battery voltage at the fuel/pump 15A fuse try another relay. Check if your relay has the pins numbered on the bottom of the relay. If it does, look at where the pin numbered 30 plugs into the fuse block. Check that hole (connection) for power. It should be Battery (+) all the time. If you have power there then you need to look at whether there is a bad connection through the relay of after the relay but before the fuse. (LOL, you did check both sides of the fuse right? a blown fuse will have no power on one side of the fuse but will have power on the other side) It is possible to have the contacts in the relay burned so that you hear the click when the relay is activated but no power will go through the burned contact inside the relay.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

kinzey43

Unread post by kinzey43 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:19 am

Checked visually and with a light probe on both contacts-no joy. Replaced relay-no joy. The only thing that I can think of is a bad connection in the fuse box assembly unless there is something intermediate such as pressure regulator switch. Anyhow, it's now at a Chevy dealer for their diagnostic and I'm sure the bill is getting thicker and thicker.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 am

If you checked the relay connection in the fuse block #30 should have power all the time. #87 is the power out of the relay to the fuel pump 15A fuse. You could bypass the relay and add a jumper to prong #87 and the car should start up and run. It does sound like you may have a problem with the fuse block at the right strut tower. Power from #30 should be connected to the main battery feed on the fuse block. the problem is a problem inside the block or there would be a bad connection to the battery cable coming into the block, but then a lot of things wouldn't work.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Clarence

Unread post by Clarence » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:42 am

I have a 08 impala changed the connector to the fuel pump fuse and relay and still no power I'm at a loss can you please help me figure it out

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:27 am

what engine does your impala have? tenth digit in your vin#. K, N, 3, C ?

for the vin code C, and it could be the same for all 4, the gray wire is the power for the fuel pump. It goes to the fuel pump fuse 15A. comes from pin 87 on the fuel pump relay. that power is connected from pin 30 in the relay. Pin 86 should be ground and grounded all the time. the computer powers up the dark green to pin 85 on the relay to turn the relay on. verify the pin on the relay has power at pin #30. the relay has ground at pin #86. Pin #85 powers up when the fuel pump request is on. (2 second prime or when cranking). Check the fuse for power at both of the fuse contacts when 2 second prime or cranking.

let me know what you find out
Attachments
impala fuel relay.jpg
impala fuel pump.jpg