1995 Buick Century lights not working

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
flash1963

1995 Buick Century lights not working

Unread post by flash1963 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 pm

My 1995 Buick CenturyV 6 my dash my headlights my tail lights my interior lights my brake lights do not work my hazards work car drives and runs fine help can someone help me

ProTech

Re: 1995 Buick Century lights not working

Unread post by ProTech » Wed May 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Probably a bad headlamp switch, but that should not affect the actual brake lights. If you mean the normal red tail lamp lights don't work then I'd say for sure you need a headlamp switch. If you actually don't have brake lights when you depress the brake pedal, you could be looking at other issues such as a bad brake light switch, or wiring problem. Check all fuses first and make sure everything is connected properly.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

hfiddie

Regal GranSport Battery meter going down/ lights flickering

Unread post by hfiddie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:39 pm

We have a 1994 Buick Regal Gran Sport Coupe. We scraped the bottom of our car bad. We broke the trailer hitch. We started having the turn signal fuse blow repeatedly. The battery meter went down dramatically and our headlights flickered. We made it home and checked and there were wires hanging. We taped them up. Fuses stopped blowing but the meter and lights stayed an issue. We have taken the wires out to the trailer assembly. It didn't fix the problem. We were told to check wires and grounds. We have tried and have no idea where to check for "grounds". We took it to Advanced Auto and they said the battery, alternator and starter all test fine. Any suggestions, ideas or comments... anything would be greatly appreciated.

TerryAuto

Re: Regal GranSport Battery meter going down/ lights flicker

Unread post by TerryAuto » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Yes, it does sound like you have more wiring problems. Maybe a ground. Just because the wires were hanging near the hitch, does not mean there was some wiring damage up front. Start looking under the front of the car as well.