complete GMC dianostic rebates olds 98 V6

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
jly

complete GMC dianostic rebates olds 98 V6

Unread post by jly » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:14 am

What would be the cost for diagnostic to determine all that is wrong with my car?
I know electrical but am wondering after I get going repairing where does it stop? lol
thanks for your help and have a blessed day. )

carriedi

Re: complete GMC dianostic rebates olds 98 V6

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:36 pm

that is a strange question. it stops when it's all fixed. the sky is the limit. the more you fix the more it costs. if you fix things as they happen and do the normal maintenance it shouldn't be too bad. If you put things off they will pile up and sometimes multiply.

when the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the vehicle it may be time to consider a vehicle purchase. If the investment in repairs will net you a positive result effect in the value of your vehicle then it would be wise to fix it. If you have a P03xx code for misfire it would be better to take care of that code before you also have a Cat. code
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

jly

Unread post by jly » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 pm

when I had a cad. I was having a lot of repairs done so I called the Cad dealership and ask them the cost of a complete estimate of everything that was wrong with the car. They gave me a price and I had it done.

After reading so many that have the same type of problem I have and have a lot of repairs as I have and mechanic opinions (not meaning you) as I have had and still don't have their car fixed. I would have to find the respected GMC place because I have read about some recalls that might have to be addressed of which GMC will refund me. At this point if I knew all that was needed it still might pay me to repair all as I now have you and a helper that will assist me with some of the repairs.

Question:
Napa cannot get the connecter/just the ponytail? I was told I might get it at the junk yard but looks like that would be attached or ruined ; if mine cannot be reused.

Question: How should I take the wires Lose from the connector and can that connector be reused?
Question: Should I have to wrinkle the wires and then the computer do nothing to.

My three week old battery went dead and when I pulled it I found that auto Zone had put it in on top of some wires in a connector that was in a coil and another single white wire in a small connector.
These yield off toward the electrical plugs? They are below the fuse box and if you are looking in the car and down at the battery then they are at the further end of the battery away from you and toward the passenger side. That might be where the sparks came from when the ignition module wires (above it) were played with. If you remember I would get out and play with the IMW's and then the car would start. So now I am wondering which wires to fix first to see what fixes it?
I can go to pick a part junk yard in the morning. thanks and have a blessed day

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:56 pm

I am limited as to what I can help you with because I cannot see the wires you are talking about. I don't know about all the problems you have with your car only the things you have posted here in this forum. And on those things I am going by what you say you have a problem with or what someone has told you that was a problem. I don't actually know what your problems are. If I was there with you to see what you are referring to, then it would be easier to give a more informed opinion.

wires that carry voltage can get worn through and cause a spark if they contact a ground or a lesser voltage circuit. Ignition wires (spark plug wires) can also do this but with much higher voltages. Without actually seeing which wire is damaged or seeing what circuit is acting out of the ordinary I am just giving some general advice based on your description. I wish I could be more help.

the pigtail that napa has for the ignition control module comes with the wires and the connector. the other side of the connector is the ignition control module.
Attachments
ignition control module connector.jpg
ignition control module connector.jpg (47.89 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
icm.jpg
icm.jpg (54.71 KiB) Viewed 3604 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

jly

Unread post by jly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:50 am

thank you so much! Napa man made a mistake. This saves me a trip to the junk yard. So glad I typed to you as Napa did not make sense sending me to the junk yard. He must have meant something else?
Have a blessed day!