All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 4
Hi my Acura just got a B16c engine put in but the person who put it in is now deceased and I plugged a code reader to the computer and it says vetch system failure ,what can I do to fix this? I notice when I run it it doesn't have enough power feels like its dragging (the engine).how can I fix this?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2088
the vtec solenoid is by the back side of the valve cover not too far from the distributor. They work off of the computer sending a signal to open an oil passage to change the cam timing. If the computer sends the signal but doesn't see the cam timing change it sets the code. many times, dirty oil, low oil, wrong oil viscosity or a dirty oil screen can cause the cam timing not to change to what the computer is looking for. Once that happens and the check engine light comes on, the engine my run in "limp more". Engines runs but in a protected mode to keep the engine from damaging itself.

so, check your oil first thing. Make sure you are running the correct weight oil. It isn't real dirty. Oil level is in the correct level on the dipstick. If that is all okay, start checking out the vtec solenoid.

Ask A Question Reply