2004 6.0 Deisel F250 Powerstroke won't start.

Including Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mistubishi or any other car.
Smalls

2004 6.0 Deisel F250 Powerstroke won't start.

Unread post by Smalls » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Smalls here! I have made sure both batteries have enough volts. Tightened battery terminals. Interior lights come on and all dash lights and sounds are ok when I turn key. Tried starting in neutral then back to park.

carriedi

Re: 2004 6.0 Deisel F250 Powerstroke won't start.

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:27 am

from what I hear you saying you have no starter operation, is that right? No crank?

Check the central junction box behind the lower left side of your dash. Check the fuse #113 (30A) If it's blown replace it. If the fuse is not blown make sure that it has battery voltage through it. It should be battery voltage all the time. If it has power check the starter relay in that same junction box. Should be marked starter relay #307. the wire out of the relay to the starter is a yellow and light blue wire. That's the wire that goes to the starter solenoid on the starter. If that all checks out ok I will go back to the very beginning.

Fuse 103 (50A) (in the central junction box) is the power to the light green and violet wire to the ignition switch. It has power all the time. Power goes through the ignition switch and out the dark green wire that goes back to the central junction box. Then it goes through fuse 31 (15A) and out on a white and pink wire to the transmission range sensor on the left side of the trans. Park and neutral are connected to a tan and red wire that goes back to the central junction box to the starter relay. That whole circuit supplies the power to cycle the relay. Grounds to the left rear side of the engine compartment.

Now, if you have a crank no start that's a whole different ball of wax...
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.