ABS Light on 2007 Dodge Caravan

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
rpape

ABS Light on 2007 Dodge Caravan

Unread post by rpape » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:47 am

2007 Dodge Caravan ABS Light came on then went off then came back on while driving? Is the port to connect a scanner under the hood ?

TerryAuto

Re: ABS Light on 2007 Dodge Caravan

Unread post by TerryAuto » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 pm

The diagnostic connector is under the dash. You need to have a scanner that can read ABS data. Most of the inexpensinve scanners that you can buy at the autoparts store can only read engine computer data.

thecolorred85

2006 Chrysler Sebring FWD rear tires locked

Unread post by thecolorred85 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:01 pm

So the car I got has been sitting in the same spot and hasn't physically moved in like 2 or 3 months. I got it tagged and titled today so I was going to move it closer to the house to clean it up and when I tried, both rear tires would move very slightly. Maybe a half inch and then locks and slides instead of rotating. I had the e-brake up the entire time since it was sitting on a slight incline. I was doing some research into and it may be the e brake line may be a little rusted and may give way. So I tried giving it some movement back and forth to try to free it but it didn't do much. I also saw that the brake shoe may be rusted onto the brake pad since I had the e-brake on the entire time and was wondering what you have in mind in terms of what may be the reasoning they aren't giving and rotating and maybe the resolution to the issue.

carriedi

Re: 2006 Chrysler Sebring FWD rear tires locked

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:51 pm

it will be hard to check this car out without lifting it enough so you can see the park brake cables. You have to see if the brake cable is moving when put the parking brake on and off. Yes, the cables can get rusted and not release. the shoes getting stuck can happen also. Putting the car in drive and reverse back and forth can get them freed up many times.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

thecolorred85

Unread post by thecolorred85 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:35 am

I have tried moving it back and forth before and wasn't very effective. How would you go about getting the rusted cables to release if so?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:31 am

Most of the time, you can't get the rusted cables to be normal again. If you do get the cables to release you should drive it somewhere where they can be replaced. Or it will happen again.

Moving it back and forth is for when the shoes are stuck. If the cables are frozen up you have to be able to get underneath the vehicle to find out what part of the cable system is stuck. If the front cable is the one that is frozen you may be able to get the connector between the cables off to release the tension on the rear cables. If the rear cables are frozen you may have yo cut the cables off close to the backing plates to free the shoes up. If you aren't able to get safe access under the vehicle you should probably have the vehicle towed to a shop to do it for you.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.