won't start get power electronic but wont turn over

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
veromarie909

won't start get power electronic but wont turn over

Unread post by veromarie909 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:09 am

Replace to the computer in 96 Dodge Caravan now the vehicle will not start its will turn on all electronics you get fan belt everything but the starter will not crank is this the anti theft system and if so how do i bypass

Code: Select all

i

carriedi

Re: won't start get power electronic but wont turn over

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:22 am

sorry, I don't understand. so, lets start from the beginning...

you replaced your computer? can you tell why you did that? And what did you replace it with? New, rebuilt, used... Did you have it flashed reprogrammed)

What do you mean when you say "its will turn on all electronics you get fan belt everything" Fan belt?

Have you checked your ignition switch start circuit? Or verified if you have power going to the starter solenoid? Maybe you have a bad starter. or starter relay
Attachments
caravan starter.jpg
caravan starter.jpg (204.35 KiB) Viewed 6447 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Re: won't start get power electronic but wont turn over

Unread post by Guest » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Some of these had an issue with the gauge cluster shorting out. What happens is that some of pins would come lose and intermittently not make connection. Had a 98 Town & Country that I fought for several months that would sometimes not crank after just being driven even though everything else worked before I found a post about it. Pulled the cluster and started wiggling pins on the back and sure enough, found 3 loose. Resoldered them, put the cluster back in and never missed a lick after that. It's something anybody with average mechanical skills could do and a steady hand at soldering. Or you could take your chances with a junk yard cluster but you could end up with one that had the same issues. Hope this helps.