Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
i have a 05 dodge stratus its been idling high after i had someone do some work on it.it would only start sometimes on its own or i would have to get a jump so i bought a new battery and now my car seems to be idling high and at a stop it jerks like it wants to take off and the odometer races up and down.please help!somebody! :roll:

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1966
what was the work that you had done? it sounds like you might have a vacuum leak. Unmetered air will lean your exhaust so the O2 sensor will tell the computer to add more fuel. more fuel and more air will raise you rpm. Check for an air leak somewhere. If you had someone change your throttle stop that can raise your rpm also. you might put it on a scanner and do a minimum idle test and see what the idle is with the Idle air control turned off too.

contributions: 2
I HAD A OIL LEAK IN ONE OF THE HOSES,I'M NOT SURE EXACTLY WHERE,BUT AFTER THAT I WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS STARTING IT SOMETIMES IT WOULD START RIGHT UP,AND OTHER TIMES IT WOULD GIVE A CLICKING NOISE WHEN I WOULD TURN THE KEY AND THEN I WOULD HAVE TO GET A JUMP,THE GUY THAT WORKED ON IT SAID THE BATTERY WATER LEVEL WAS LOW,SO I JUST BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY,CAR STARTS FINE NOW BUT NOW ITS IDLING HIGH,SMOKING ALITTLE FROM UNDER HOOD DRIVERS SIDE,IT DOSNT ALWAYS IDLE HIGH JUST SOMETIMES...I HOPE YOU CAN HELP?YOU SAID TO CHECK FOR A AIR LEAK?WHERE DO I LOOK? ;)

contributions: 1966
ask what hose was the oil leaking from

Ask A Question Reply